Savage and Son, Inc. is looking to fill a full-time position for a highly-motivated and detail-oriented Commercial-Industrial Plumbing Estimator position. This position will serve as a critical component of our construction team and it requires an excellent ability to multi-task in estimating various sized plumbing projects. As an Estimator for Nevada’s Oldest Contractor, it is imperative to be meticulous with multiple fast-moving project estimates, budgetary proposals and change order pricing. This position will be full-time, and it will fill an immediate need in our estimating department. The hours will be Monday-Friday from 7:00 am – 4:00 pm (approximately) and benefits are included.
Essential Job Functions and Duties:
- Review and interpret engineered Architectural, Structural, Plumbing and Mechanical design plans and specifications, scopes of work and prepare accurate detailed material and labor requirements.
- Prepare project Bid Invitations with the assistance of Project Coordinator and ensure vendors and subcontractors are in compliance with all specifications and contract scopes of work.
- Develop trust and review subcontractor scopes of work and accept, review, and analyze subcontractor quotes for the best value.
- In addition to monetary costs, applicant must take into account the duration, scope, and potential profitability of a new project or product.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and sub-contractors
- Ensure timely completion of all estimates.
- Perform quantity take-offs, manage bid pricing from all vendors and subcontractors, prepare cost summary sheets, and ensure accurate quantities to make a comprehensive cost estimate for the construction project.
- Generate new projects for the company
- Attend on-site pre-bid / proposal conferences and site visits if needed to understand the projects geographical limitations, logistics, etc.
- Present cost estimates to meet customer proposals, providing consideration for general and special conditions.
- Preparing and presenting requests for design information and bid qualifications.
- Periodically meet with owners and design team representatives to review estimates, value engineering, and constructability review.
- Attending post-bid and client negotiation meetings.
- Once a project is awarded, remain involved in a project to help maintain the profit margin and to handle any changes in the original estimates.
- Prepare project documents and work with field foreman and trade personnel.
- Prepare contracts, purchase orders and submittals in detail for all products as needed.
- Provide various Project Management skills to ensure the project is running smoothly.
- In-depth knowledge of plumbing code and systems.
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a technical level
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Comply with our company policies, and perform all duties following company standard policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- 8+ years of commercial and industrial plumbing construction experience
- Pipe Trades Apprenticeship or College Level degree
- Competent in various computer software programs such as but not limited to, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Understanding and comfortability with Bluebeam pdf software.
- Experience with computer estimating a plus.
- Skill to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a quick response environment.
- Outstanding time management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills, a high level of patience and professionalism are required.
- Strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Professional, ethical, team player with an eagerness to make the company and yourself better every day.
- Strong organizational skills required
- Must be proficient in operating an Apple iOS device
- Ability to communicate clearly and fluently in English both verbally and in writing and ability to understand and follow verbal/written instructions
- Ability to be on time for the scheduled workday and complete all work hours required
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Reporting safety, health and quality issues to management
- Ability to lift 45 pounds and 75 pounds or more with assistance
- Ability to sit and stand throughout the day
- Ability to work in a team environment and to get along with coworkers
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Class C driver’s license and a clean driving record required
- A drug and alcohol test will be required prior to employment
Disclaimers and Approvals:
The above description covers the primary duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete list of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day to accomplish tasks.
About Savage and Son, Inc.:
Savage and Son, Inc. is Nevada’s oldest and strongest full-service plumbing, HVAC, and piping contractor – serving both residential and commercial clients alike. We care about each of our clients, from a modest home repair to a remodel to a commercial high-rise. We have proudly served northern Nevada and surrounding California communities since 1893.
We specialize in wetside mechanical systems, commercial high-rise fabrication, boilers, chillers, high purity systems, medical gas, and several other Mechanical services for industrial and commercial projects. Savage and Son has performed and succeeded on several of the most demanding and complex projects. We have generations of happy clients –be it from a quick repair at a fair price, a full remodel, or high-quality professional plumbing work.
We offer our proven reliability of the past and the innovation of the future to settle for nothing but the best. We strive to provide quality workmanship, efficient scheduling, safe and professional employees, and most importantly, the deserved value for all of our customers.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $75,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- estimating: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
$70,000 – $100,000 DOE